Nexsan's industry leading SATAbeast now available in a very high performance SAS version!
BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE APPLICATIONS...
Blazing SAS IOPS performance and read/write throughput make SASBeast the perfect choice for transactional and/or database intensive applications (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, etc.). SASBeast’s high availability architecture features full redundancy across all active components and delivers industry leading reliability for enterprise class environments
....AND CAPACITY APPLICATIONS
Innovatively engineered to reliably mix SSD, SAS and SATA disks in the same SASBeast chassis, the user is provided separate storage tiers for different applications. Use SSD & SAS storage tiers for performance intensive applications and the SATA storage tier for capacity intensive applications.
- 25.2 TB of SAS capacity in 4U rack space using high performance, 15,000 rpm, SAS drives
- SASbeast is engineered to meet necessary enterprise-class availability requirements with the inclusion of fully redundant components that are individually online hot swappable, including drives, controllers and power supplies.
- This design provides increased ROI by eliminating the need to replace an entire multi-drive blade should a single drive fail.
- Each RAID controller is configured with dual high performance 4 Gigabit Fibre Channel SFP LC host ports powering the SASbeast to sustained reads speeds of up to 875MB/s and 2,500 IOPS (50,000 IOPS from cache). Now available with 8 Gbit host connections for even higher throughput.
- The advanced architecture of the SASbeast features an innovative horizontal midplane design that promotes superior airflow and alleviates insertion stress points.
- Triple intake fans along paired with two redundant 760-watt power supplies with tachometer monitored blowers provide maximum power and cooling.
- The system's Anti-Accumulative Rotational Vibration (ARV) design enables maximum performance and long-term reliability."
- Advanced GUI makes managing SASbeast simple and straight forward
- Advanced features such as AutoMAID reduce power and heat for a more reliable and economical solution.
- New: Now also supports iSCSI connectivity.
All this at an amazing, industry leading, lowest cost per gigabyte!
Key Features and benefits:
SASbeast's advanced mechanical design provides superior cooling for optimal thermal operation, reduces drive vibration and delivers outstanding energy efficiency in an extreme density (42 drives in 4U high) form factor. SAS Beast's unique design extends individual drive life and provides TCO savings year over year.
Nexsan's award-winning Performance SAS RAID controller design provides extremely high throughput performance across 42 spindles that can be segmented into multiple RAID sets or a single large storage pool. LUN Mapping allows users to easily configure the massive disk capacity for dozens of servers or one.
SASbeast employs Nexsan's revolutionary AutoMAID energy saving technology. AutoMAID transparently places SASbeast disk drives in an idle state reducing power consumption and operational costs. AutoMAID delivers the cost-saving benefits of MAID (Massive Array of Idle Disks) without the limitations of slow access times and special host software. Nexsan's AutoMAID is granular to an individual drive or RAID set and enables users to determine the level of access speed and energy savings desired. AutoMAID is the first MAID architecture that supports VTL (Virtual Tape Libraries), full file format D2D and standard RAID implementations.
SASbeast performs continuous background integrity scans to ensure drive health and data accessibility. Each controller features full cache coherency to maintain data integrity even in the event of a power loss. All individual SASbeast components are fully redundant and hot swappable. SASbeast's NexScan management interface is built into the SASbeast controller, alleviating the need to have a separate server or application manage the storage array. This sophisticated management utility monitors and reports the status of all subsystems over a 10/100/1000-network port.