Open Storage Solutions is proud to be a Nexsan Authorized Premier Partner
- 14 x SAS Drives (600Gbyte,15,000rpm)
- 8.4 Tbytes total raw data
- Single Fiber Chanel RAID controller (Dual controller option available)
(SAS host version available)
- US List price $32,000
Configurations start at $14,029 US List
SASBoy provides organizations with exceptional performance and unparalleled energy savings in a compact package to meet real world business needs. The highly flexible SASBoy features FC and iSCSI connectivity to enable cost-effective high performance access to large amounts of information ensuring faster response times for business critical applications. SASBoy is equally capable of delivering high IOPS for transactional applications and sustaining maximum MB/s throughput for high bandwidth applications.
Energy Saving SAS
SASBoy offers the energy saving benefits of Nexsan's revolutionary AutoMAID™ technology. AutoMAID™ (Massive Array of Idle Disks) allows SASBoy to place its disk drives into several levels energy savings without compromising application performance. This powerful combination of high performance with energy saving capabilities enables users to lower the cost of owning storage.
Key Features and benefits:
- SAS drive technology
- Capacities over 8 TByte in a 3U rack-mount enclosure
- Dual, Hot-Swapable, Controller options for high availability
- Cache mirroring and Active /Active failover
- Advanced Web-based GUI for easy management of all features
- All active components are redundant and "Hot-Swapable"
- Dual 4Gb fiber channel host connections on each Controller - OR
- Dual 12 Gbit SAS host connections on each Controller
- Dual iSCSI 1 Gbit ports (include with both Fiber or SAS Host choices)
- High performance RAID solution built around the latest high performance SAS disk drives.
- High availability - All mission critical components, including RAID controllers, are hot swappable and fully redundant.
- Energy efficient without compromising application performance, AutoMAID.
- Multi-Box management -- easily manage multiple SASBoy and SATABoy units form a single GUI.
- Up to 255 LUNs per controller.
- Dynamic spare pooling and dedicated spares; array verification.
- LUN Masking capability with full Access Control List (ACL) Read/Write and Read Only permissions per initiator, per LUN along with group policies.
- Failsafe 24/7 operation for uninterrupted business continuity.
- Three Year Warranty - Advance Exchange, 24X7 Technical Support.
- High density / high performance - SASBoy features 14 drives in only 3U of rack space.
- Arrays can be configured for RAID levels 0, 1, 1+0, 4, 5 and 6.
- OS independent - No special software drivers required to connect to any host system.
- Integrated Fibre Channel and iSCSI connectivity for flexible implementation.
- NEW: SAS Host connection version now available
Basic Technical Specifications
External Host Interface / Channels: 4 Gbyte Fiber channel, two per controller. (or SAS version now available)
Internal Device Interface / Channels: Fourteen SAS device channels (one per drive)
Data Transfer Rates Fibre: Up to 875MB/s sustained.
IOPS : >50,000 random IOPS from cache
Current and Voltage Requirements: 25ºC cold start Dual PSU 500W / 286VA
Power Supplies: Switchable 110/240 Autoswitching / Autoranging
Frequency 59-440 Hz
Operating Temperature 0°C to 35°C