What makes the SATAbeast "Enterprise Class"?
An extreme density design -- 84 terabytes of storage capacity in just 4U of rack space!
- SATAbeast provides a compact footprint and can scale to over 400 cost-correct terabytes of capacity in a single rack
- SATAbeast is engineered to meet necessary enterprise-class availability requirements with the inclusion of fully redundant components that are individually online hot swappable, including drives, controllers and power supplies.
- This design provides increased ROI by eliminating the need to replace an entire multi-drive blade should a single drive fail.
- Each RAID controller is configured with dual high performance 4 Gigabit Fibre Channel SFP LC host ports powering the SATABeast to sustained reads speeds of over 700 MB/s.
- For even higher performance a version with 8 Gigabit Fiber Host connections is available.
- The advanced architecture of the SATABeast features an innovative horizontal midplane design that promotes superior airflow and alleviates insertion stress points.
- Triple intake fans along paired with two redundant 760-watt power supplies with tachometer monitored blowers provide maximum power and cooling.
- The system's Anti-Accumulative Rotational Vibration (ARV) design enables maximum performance and long-term reliability."
- Advanced GUI makes managing SATAbeast simple and straight forward
- Advanced features such as AutoMAID reduce power and heat for a more reliable and economical solution.
- iSCSI connectivity with 2 dedicated ports per controller.
All this at an amazing, industry leading, lowest cost per gigabyte!
Key Features and benefits:
SATABeast's advanced mechanical design provides superior cooling for optimal thermal operation, reduces drive vibration and delivers outstanding energy efficiency in an extreme density (42 drives in 4U high) form factor. SATA Beast's unique design extends individual drive life and provides TCO savings year over year.
Nexsan's award-winning Performance SATA RAID controller design provides extremely high throughput performance across 42 spindles that can be segmented into multiple RAID sets or a single large storage pool. LUN Mapping allows users to easily configure the massive disk capacity for dozens of servers or one.
SATABeast employs Nexsan's revolutionary AutoMAID energy saving technology. AutoMAID transparently places SATABeast disk drives in an idle state reducing power consumption and operational costs. AutoMAID delivers the cost-saving benefits of MAID (Massive Array of Idle Disks) without the limitations of slow access times and special host software. Nexsan's AutoMAID is granular to an individual drive or RAID set and enables users to determine the level of access speed and energy savings desired. AutoMAID is the first MAID architecture that supports VTL (Virtual Tape Libraries), full file format D2D and standard RAID implementations.
SATABeast performs continuous background integrity scans to ensure drive health and data accessibility. Each controller features full cache coherency to maintain data integrity even in the event of a power loss. All individual SATABeast components are fully redundant and hot swappable. SATABeast's NexScan management interface is built into the SATABeast controller, alleviating the need to have a separate server or application manage the storage array. This sophisticated management utility monitors and reports the status of all subsystems over a 10/100/1000-network port.