Nexsan SATABeast Xi
High Density, Energy Efficient Storage for Apple® Xserve and Mac Pro Systems
SATABeast Xi is the first, high density, energy efficient storage solution built for the Xserve and Mac Pro markets delivering 42 drives and dual RAID controllers in only 4U of rack space.
SATABeast Xi complements Xserve and Mac Pro environments in physical look and feel including a GUI that is visually compatible with Leopard. While optimized for Apple environments, SATABeast Xi can be used as a storage solution in mixed environments with equal ease. SATABeast Xi is flexible, scalable and completely OS independent to easily support a broad range of computing infrastructures.
Based on the proven technology of Nexsan’s awardwinning SATABeast Xi, the SATABeast Xi provides the Apple market with a high density, plug and play solution that is complementary to Xserve’s existing storage options. SATABeast Xi delivers high end performance at the same exceptional price point as current SATABeast Xi solutions including the energy efficiency features and software licenses to allow SATABeast Xi to operate out of the box without expensive add-ons.
- SATABeast Xi provides a compact footprint and can scale to 420 cost-correct terabytes of capacity in a single rack
- SATABeast Xi is engineered to meet necessary enterprise-class availability requirements with the inclusion of fully redundant components that are individually online hot swappable, including drives, controllers and power supplies.
- This design provides increased ROI by eliminating the need to replace an entire multi-drive blade should a single drive fail.
- Each RAID controller is configured with dual high performance 4 Gigabit Fibre Channel SFP LC host ports powering the SATABeast Xi to sustained reads speeds of over 700 MB/s. 8 Gigabit Versions now abavilable.
- The advanced architecture of the SATABeast Xi features an innovative horizontal midplane design that promotes superior airflow and alleviates insertion stress points.
- Triple intake fans along paired with two redundant 760-watt power supplies with tachometer monitored blowers provide maximum power and cooling.
- The system's Anti-Accumulative Rotational Vibration (ARV) design enables maximum performance and long-term reliability."
- Advanced GUI makes managing SATABeast Xi simple and straight forward
- Advanced features such as AutoMAID reduce power and heat for a more reliable and economical solution.
- New: Now supports iSCSI connectivity.
All this at an amazing, industry leading, lowest cost per gigabyte!
Key Features and benefits:
SATABeast Xi's advanced mechanical design provides superior cooling for optimal thermal operation, reduces drive vibration and delivers outstanding energy efficiency in an extreme density (42 drives in 4U high) form factor. SATA Beast's unique design extends individual drive life and provides TCO savings year over year.
Nexsan's award-winning Performance SATA RAID controller design provides extremely high throughput performance across 42 spindles that can be segmented into multiple RAID sets or a single large storage pool. LUN Mapping allows users to easily configure the massive disk capacity for dozens of servers or one.
SATABeast Xi employs Nexsan's revolutionary AutoMAID energy saving technology. AutoMAID transparently places SATABeast Xi disk drives in an idle state reducing power consumption and operational costs. AutoMAID delivers the cost-saving benefits of MAID (Massive Array of Idle Disks) without the limitations of slow access times and special host software. Nexsan's AutoMAID is granular to an individual drive or RAID set and enables users to determine the level of access speed and energy savings desired. AutoMAID is the first MAID architecture that supports VTL (Virtual Tape Libraries), full file format D2D and standard RAID implementations.
SATABeast Xi performs continuous background integrity scans to ensure drive health and data accessibility. Each controller features full cache coherency to maintain data integrity even in the event of a power loss. All individual SATABeast Xi components are fully redundant and hot swappable. SATABeast Xi's NexScan management interface is built into the SATABeast Xi controller, alleviating the need to have a separate server or application manage the storage array. This sophisticated management utility monitors and reports the status of all subsystems over a 10/100/1000-network port.