OMEGA F6500E Performance RAID
Four 8Gb/s Fiber Channel Host connections per system, Dual Active/Active RAID
Maximum flexibility with high performance SAS and cost effective SATA in one storage system for tiered storage!
Today's data-rich business environment presents a unique challenge for the storage manager. Balancing the demands of applications, performance requirements, capacity, management tools, environment and cost can be an impossible task, and often results in an inefficient and expensive solution. The F6500 sets a new performance standard for Open Storage Solutions’ RAID systems, with 8Gb/s high performance Fibre Channel connections and faster internal bus architecture.
Both SATA II and SAS drives are supported so that you can match your performance and capacity requirements by choosing multiple, application matched, RAID sets. Configure your intensive I/O applications utilizing enterprise class, performance optimized, SAS drives. For your less demanding , near line applications such as Disc to Disc backup, configure storage with capacity optimized SATA drives. All this in one storage subsystem, delivering the advantages and flexibility of tiered storage.
F6500 Key Features and benefits:
- Four 8Gb/s high speed Fibre Channel host connections per system !
- Expands up to 96 high performance or cost effective near-line SAS drives in one system (192 Tb) !
- 12 drives per enclosure (24 Tb SATA Nearline 7,200 rpm or 7.2Tb SAS Enterprise 15,200 rpm) !
- StorViewTM controller based management software !
- Host-based dynamic multi-pathing for high availability !
- Online capacity growth through dynamic array and LUN expansion !
- One 3Gb SAS expansion port per RAID controller !
StorView® GUI provides easy Local management of all aspects of the storage subsystem. Clear information pages make configuration a simple task, even for those not familiar with advanced RAID configuration options. Easily accessible help pages and wizards allow users to obtain optimum performance from the Omega F6412.
Click here for an interactive demo of the GUI interface.