The proliferation of unstructured digital data in the enterprise has created increasingly complex
and costly storage systems. These systems consume large amounts of data center resources – energy and floor space - and prevent companies from easily adapting their IT infrastructure as needs change.
pace of change continues to accelerate, the evolution of storage technologies has become
essential. IT users need an extensible storage infrastructure that provides flexibility, scalability,
reliability and energy efficiency to meet diverse storage application requirements such as big data analysis, digital media, compliance retention and near line data archival.
Omega SP-2584 supports up to 84 SAS or SATA 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch hard disk
or solid state drives in 5U (8 ¾ inches) of standard rack space, reduces cable complexity for
greater serviceability and availability of rack scale solutions and includes a unified enclosure
Omega SP-2584 can be equiped with single or dual 6Gb/s SAS I/O modules. This 6Gb/s I/O module offers support for longer cable lengths, active cables, universal ports, self configuration and standardized zoning with end-to-end configurations providing an effective maximum throughput of 7.2 GB/s per I/O module or 14.4 GB/s in a dual module configuration.
- Ultra Dense design providing over 2PB in single datacenter rack
- Up to 84 SAS and SATA hard disk or solid state drives per enclosure
- Dual 6Gb/s SAS I/O modules with integral data path redundancy
- 14.4 GB/s in dual controller configuration
- SAS expansion capability of up to 336 drives
- Enterprise level reliability, availability and serviceability
- Adaptive cooling technology