Deduplication and compression technology new with Version 4 of the Fluid FileSystem!
Bring fully integrated, end-to-end unified storage to your EqualLogic storage systems with the FS7600 and FS7610 NAS appliances. These solutions work with EqualLogic PS Series arrays to deliver the core benefits of the EqualLogic platform, including peer scaling, ease-of-use features and all-inclusive software licensing. The EqualLogic FS Series features:
- 2U dedicated NAS platform with two highly available active-active controllers and a PCIe backplane for intercontroller communication
- FS7610: Four 10GbE ports for SAN connectivity and four ports for the client network
- FS7600: Eight GbE ports for SAN connectivity and eight ports for the client network
Store more in less space
New deduplication and compression technologies found in FluidFS v4 can decrease the capacity you’ll need to store common data by up to 48%. Fluid Data Reduction technology also has the ability to automatically compress data, further reducing your data footprint and TCO.
Protect data with enterprise-class features
FluidFS v4 also protects your data through:
- File-level, user-restorable snapshots
- Asynchronous, file system-level, snapshot-based replication to peer FS7600 or FS7610 systems
- Full replication of the entire file system, including shares, exports and permissions, to help ease data recovery following a disaster
- Common Internet File System (CIFS) anti-virus support through any ICAP AV server and certified partner software
- Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) for backup and disaster recovery
Manage growth intelligently
Manage your storage growth with the flexibility to scale both performance and capacity independently without disruption.
- Seamlessly incorporate with existing or new EqualLogic PS Series arrays and eliminate forklift upgrades.
- Expand block and file storage capacity within a single namespace up to 509TB with a storage backend of EqualLogic PS arrays.
- Improve scalability, performance and security with expanded protocol support.
- Easily increase performance by adding a second FS7600 or FS7610 appliance.
- Intuitively manage block and file operations with EqualLogic Group Manager or CLI.
Dependability built in.
For dependability day after and day, EqualLogic FS7600 and FS7610 NAS appliances include:
- Active/active clustering and cache mirroring for controller pairs
- Integrated backup power supply to protect cached data in case of controller failure
- Fully redundant and hot swappable controllers, power supplies and fans
- Automatic controller failover
- Checksums and failsafe journaling to protect file metadata
|Storage arrays supported||New or existing EqualLogic PS arrays with version 8.1 firmware|
|Capacity and bandwidth expansion||Up to 509TB usable file capacity in a single name space. One or two FS7600 or FS7610 appliances in a NAS cluster.|
|Client network connectivity||8 x 1Gb Ethernet using FS7600
4 x 10Gb SFP+ or Base-T Ethernet using FS7610
|Storage Area Network connectivity||8 x 1Gb Ethernet using FS7600
4 x 10Gb SFP+ or Base-T Ethernet using FS7610
|NAS appliance||Each NAS appliance has a pair of controllers in an active-active configuration, using cache mirroring and an integrated backup power supply. Each controller contains 24GB auto-adaptive R/W RAM- based cache and two quad core Intel® processors.|
|Management||EqualLogic Group Manager graphic user interface (GUI), command line interface (CLI)|
|Data Protection features||Dual controller active-active NAS appliance, redirect-on-write, user recoverable snapshots, point-in-time replication, NAS container cloning, NDMP backup, antivirus, battery-based BPS, access based enumeration|
|Memory size||Each controller has 24GB of memory (48GB per appliance) and its own backup battery that provides power sufficient to de-stage cache contents to a non-volatile internal storage device in the event of a power failure.|
|Protocol support||Server Message Block (SMB) 3.0*, Network Files System (NFS) v4.1, iSCSI, Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) 4, Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), NIS (Network Information Service (NIS), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), Link Aggregation (IEEE 802.3ad), Adaptive Load Balancing (ALB)|
|Multi-client subnet support||Configure multiple client networks and VLANs to present NFS exports or CIFS shares|
|User Authentication||For SMB clients: Kerberos v5 and NTLM v2 on Microsoft Active Directory Server; for NFS v4 clients: Kerberos 5 on AD and SASL support for encryption, NFS v4 Access Control Lists