Optimized performance and connectivity
The Dell Storage PS4210 10GbE iSCSI arrays feature industry-leading capabilities of the Dell EqualLogic PS Series product line. With tight integration into common application environments, each model in the series is flexible enough to use with various operating systems and is designed to increase performance and connectivity options for small to mid-sized businesses with:
- Better performance—up to six times the performance with new hybrid-flash arrays compared to previous generation arrays
- Dual 10GbE ports, twice as many ports as the previous generation
- Larger cache and more powerfull controllers
- Support for server and desktop virtualization
- Consolidation of servers, storage and networking for easy management of virtual ecosystem
- Support for multi-way replication providing robust disaster recovery
Dell Storage PS Series Array Software enables sound strategies for data protection, storage management, virtualization and optimization for the Dell Storage PS4210 arrays. This easy-to-use software allows IT generalists to manage more data with fewer resources and includes:
- EqualLogic Host Software to extend the functionality of the array-based software and enable cooperation with host operating systems, hypervisors and applications
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft, VMware and Linux products
- SAN HQ management software with an interface for monitoring groups of PS Series arrays to ensure storage resources are utilized for maximum benefit and integrated into Dell Services with SupportAssist
- Support for block and file data along with FS Series network attached storage (NAS)
- Dell Storage Update Manager for simplified firmware updates of PS Series platforms
Economical and flexible
Dell Storage PS4210 Series includes four models that retain the simplicity and reliability of the EqualLogic PS Series product line but are right-sized and priced for small to medium businesses. The PS4210XS hybrid-flash array enables high performance and HDD capacity in a single array by automatically tiering hot data to SSDs and colder data to HDDs. The hybrid array is ideal for mission-critical workloads
such as VDI and OLTP deployments.
The full line of PS4210 Array Series brings 10GbE iSCSI SAN speed and efficiency to real-world applications, featuring:
- Dual controllers, each with 8GB non-volatile cache (twice as much memory as the previous version)
- Two 10GBASE-T RJ45 auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb/100Mb) ports, allowing auto negotiation from 1Gb to 10Gb to
make your environment easier to manage
- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports for fibre or copper cabling
- Up to 24 hot-pluggable drives, including SAS, NL-SAS and SSD
- Model options for 2.5" drives and 3.5" drives
- Up to 72TB capacity per array
Enables SSD speed and HDD capacity within one array.
Provides entry-level options with affordable-capacity and high-capacity configurations for data-intensive applications.
Great balance of cost, performance and capacity for smaller data centers, including virtual server environments and databases.
For your critical applications, it is the highest-performing HDD system in the PS4210 Series.