SANbox 5200 Stackable Switch
The Industry's First Fibre Channel Stackable Switch
The benefits of stackable IP switches are now available for SANs. SANbox® 5200 delivers the seamless scalability and performance of a chassis switch in an easy-to-manage, pay-as-you-grow solution. Features 8 to 16 2Gb/sec ports per chassis, plus four high-speed 10Gb/sec ISL ports.
- Entry as low as eight ports, then scale in four-port software-keyed increments
- Each chassis includes sixteen 2Gb ports, plus a four-pack of high-speed 10Gb ISL ports.
- Built-in graphical user interface (GUI) with installation/configuration wizards
Available in two power supply configurations: single integrated (SB5200) and dual hot-swappable (SB5202).
5200 Features and benefits:
- 8, 12 or 16 auto-detecting 2Gb/1Gb device ports (4-port 2Gb/1Gb and/or 10Gb field upgrade licenses available)
- 4 10Gb ports for high-speed stacking links.
- Stacking of up to 6 units for 96 available user ports
- Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA)
- Single and dual hot-swap power supply configurations available.
- Configuration, zoning and extended distance wizards to simplify switch installation and fabric scaling.
- Interoperable with all FC-SW-2 compliant Fibre Channel switches
- Full-fabric, public-loop or switch-to-switch connectivity on 2Gb/1Gb ports
- Full-fabric or switch-to-switch connectivity on 10Gb ports
- Auto-sensing, self-configuring ports
- Fabric tracking tool for fabric-wide snapshots and detection of configuration changes
- Non-blocking full-bandwidth architecture
- RSCN suppression
- "No-Wait" routing - guaranteed maximum performance independent of data traffic
- Industry's lowest latency for maximum performance
- SFP (small form pluggable) connectivity - 16 front ports in a 1U full-width rack form-factor
- Seamless operation with higher-level third-party management applications
- In-band, out-of-band, Telnet and SNMP management access
- ASIC-embedded memory - faster, more scalable and more reliable than shared memory architecture.