SANbox 5600 Stackable Switch
The Industry's First 4Gb Fibre Channel Stackable Switch
Now the benefits of stackable IP switches are available for high performance 4Gb SANs. The SANbox 5600 stackable switch delivers the seamless scalability and performance of a chassis switch, in a simple-to-manage, pay-as-you-grow solution. With sixteen 4Gb ports plus a four-pack of high-speed 10Gb ISL ports, and entry as low as 8 ports with 4-port software-keyed increments and included graphical user interface (GUI) wizards, each SANbox 5600 stackable switch provides maximum flexibility for configuring, managing and scaling SANs.
- Entry as low as eight ports, then scale in four-port software-keyed increments
- Each chassis includes sixteen 4Gb ports, plus a four-pack of high-speed 10Gb ISL ports.
- Built-in graphical user interface (GUI) with installation/configuration wizards.
Available in two power supply configurations: single integrated (SB5600) and dual hot-swappable (SB5602).
5200 Features and benefits:
- 8, 12 or 16 auto detecting 4Gb/2Gb /1Gb device ports
- 4 10Gb ports for high speed stacking links
- 4-port 4Gb/2Gb/1Gb and/or 10Gb field upgrade licenses available
- Stacking of up to 6 units for 96 available user ports
- Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA)
- Single and dual hot-swap power supply configurations available.
- Configuration, Zoning and Extended Distance wizards to simplify switch installation and fabric scaling
- Interoperable with all FC-SW-2 compliant Fibre Channel switches
- Full-fabric, public-loop or switch-to-switch connectivity on 2Gb/1Gb ports
- Full-fabric or switch-to-switch connectivity on 10Gb ports
- Auto-sensing, self-configuring ports
- Fabric tracking tool for fabric-wide snapshots and detection of configuration changes
- Non-blocking full-bandwidth architecture
- RSCN suppression
- "No-Wait" routing - guaranteed maximum performance independent of data traffic
- Industry's lowest latency for maximum performance
- SFP (small form-factor pluggable) connectivity - 16 front ports in a 1U full-width rack form-factor
- Seamless operation with higher-level third-party management applications
- In-band, out-of-band, Telnet and SNMP management access
- ASIC-embedded memory - faster, more scalable and more reliable than shared memory architecture