SANbox 5800 Stackable Switch
The Industry's First 8Gb/sec Fibre Channel Stackable Switch. Time to Haul Apps!
QLogic simplifies enterprise-class SANs for small and medium customers by combining state-of-the-art 8 Gb Fibre Channel performance from your server to your storage with end-to-end SAN management software. Your future is protected with an infrastructure capable of supporting emerging technologies at today’s 4 Gb prices.
- The QLogic SANbox 5800 8 Gb switch, together with Qlogic 8Gb HBA's, provide a complete 100% compatible solution, from end to end, that is also the most easily installed performance upgrade for your Fiber connected Storage.
- High performance at affordable pricing.
- Enterprise class features.
- Integrated end-to-end management.
- Easily deployed.
- Highly scaleable.
5800 Features and benefits:
Industry first, high performance next generation 8 Gb SAN infrastructure made affordable for new SAN customers:
- From your server to your storage, a complete 8 Gb solution
- Buy 8 Gb solution now for the future, it offers more than the current 4Gb solution at 4Gb price points
- Enterprise-class features
- Offers the bandwidth required for emerging technologies
- Includes 10Gb stacking ports (Ugradeable to 20Gb with an easy-to-activate license option) to insure easy growth and assured interoperability
Simple SAN Connection Manager offers comprehensive management in both deployment and growth:
- Manage HBAs, switches, and HP storage arrays from a single user interface
- Wizard based installation and configuration makes it easy to get started enabling you to configure and provision your complete SAN in just minutes
Your new and complete SAN infrastructure in a box:
- Everything included for a 4-host SAN -- Just add storage!
- Aggressively priced
- Ordering, installing and configuring is very easy
- Components available separately, or as a kit
Lower cost for the next generation SAN infrastructure:
- Most affordable 8 Gb SAN infrastructure for new SAN deployments
- Investment protection for the future with room to grow from 8 ports to 20 ports
- 8 Gb performance means fewer Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) resulting in fewer cables and small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optical transceivers