SANbox 9000 Stackable Chassis Switch
The Industry's First Fibre Channel Stackable Chassis Switch
The highly scalable SANbox 9000 is a stackable chassis switch with a dedicated 800Gb/s HyperStackT connection between as many as two chassis modules. The high port count SANbox 9000 supports up to 256 ports in a dual chassis configuration. The intelligent SANbox 9000 offers in one chassis module: 8 slots for any mix of 4Gb or 10Gb Fibre Channel I/O Blades, iSCSI Intelligent Storage Router" I/O Blades, FCIP Intelligent Storage Router I/O Blades, or Storage Services Platform (SSP) Blades.
For high availability, the SANbox 9000 features redundant, hot-swap I/O, SSP, CPU, Power Supply and Fan blades. And for comprehensive fabric management, the SANbox 9000 includes a powerful and easy-to-use suite of software tools for setting-up, monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting and servicing an unlimited number of large fabrics.
- At twice the port density of typical 14U Director switches, the SANbox 9000 stackable chassis switch scales to 128 ports in a 4U single chassis module or up to 256 ports in an 8U dual chassis module HyperStack configuration (via backplane interconnects) - 32 ports per 1U of rack space!
- Unlike legacy Director switches, the SANbox 9000 switch provides a low cost entry point with a 16 4Gb FC port configuration.
- Seamlessly grow your 9000 switch in 16 port increments up to 256 ports
- Eight I/O Blade slots per chassis module supporting multi-protocol and multi-function technologies
ENTRY Model SB9100 fully upgradeable in the field to single or dual HyperStack BASE Model SB9200
9000 Features and benefits:
- 4Gb FC I/O Blade: for maximum server and storage connectivity.
- 10Gb FC I/O Blade: high-speed Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) including trunking between other Core, Distribution and Edge class switches.
- Intelligent Storage Router Blade: iSCSI for connecting low cost servers and FCIP for replicating data across a WAN
- Storage services Platform "SSP" Blade: pool heterogeneous storage
- Broadly deployable in local, campus, distributed and remote Core/Distribution/Edge configuration topologies.
- ENTRY Model SB9100 fully upgradeable in the field to single or dual HyperStack BASE Model SB9200.