Actifio is radically simple copy data management.
But What is Copy Data?
Got backup? Snapshot? Disaster recovery? Business continuity? Test & Dev? Those systems are operating in independent siloes today, making copy after copy of everything in your production environment.
If you're dealing with a storage explosion right now, strong odds are that excess "copy data" from these systems is the real cause. And while there are tools out there to help relieve the symptoms, Actifio is the first storage appliance purpose-built to cure the disease.
Actifio's copy data storage platform lets organizations access anything instantly, for dramatically less than they’re paying today. Actifio virtualizes data management to deliver a solution that decouples the management of data from storage, network and server infrastructure. It is software defined, application centric, and SLA driven. By virtualizing copy data, creating a single “gold copy” available for instant access and recovery, Actifio dramatically improves service levels while eliminating the need for separate tools.
Actifio System Features
- Consumer-Grade user experience delivers an intuitive, point-and-click operation for managing data that translates into faster time to productivity.
- SLA Architect: Actifio’s engine for creating SLAs that define the frequency of snapshots, class of storage to utilize, replication frequency and type, and retention, then mapping to applications and/or hosts.
- High-Performance Software Platformkeeps pace with large-scale host counts and data sets, from Cloud infrastructures to Big Data implementations.Quick and efficient virtual copies of data are produced with no additional initial storage footprint.
- Incremental forever with zero backup window approach captures and moves copy data efficiently, optimizing bandwidth and storage capacity.
- Accelerated Ingest with Change Block Tracking: Capture of only the unique changed blocks of application data, resulting in near-zero Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Copy Data Virtualization: Globally de-duplicated object file system manages the application-aware copy data lifecycle across snapshot points in time, storage pools, and even sites. Storage optimization results in up to 95% reduction in the storage footprint in both local and remote sites.
- Dedup Async Replication: Actifio-designed network protocol for efficient data movement, optimizing bandwidth usage by only transferring unique data to the remote data stores. In addition to the native global de-duplication of data, this protocol drives down network usage by up to 70%. Based on SLA, copy data is continuously rehydrated on the remote site in order to achieve instant access or restores.
- Network-optimized replication of data allows users to move data over the IP network with up to 70% less bandwidth using patent pending Dedup-Async technology.
- In-band data capture delivering Fibre Channel speed data capture and management.
- Out of band data capture frees in-band production data network with straight forward setup and configuration.
- Dedup Backup Replication: Actifio-designed method for moving de-duplicated data to a remote site for long-term retention.
- Instant Recovery: By directly mounting the recovered data to a server, no data movement is necessary, resulting in near-zero recovery times.
- On-demand, self-service Dev/Test data provisioning: Role-based controls enable self-service provisioning of test instances, and LiveCloneTM and LiveCloneTM Layers provide space-efficient, live-updated independent virtual copies of data.
- Dev/Test workflows with consumer-grade simplicity: User-defined scheduled processing of copy data to streamline workflows for test & development, ETL, reporting, analytics and other business agility oriented processes.
- Data Center Scalability with pre-configured systems designed to manage from 15TB to 100TB of source application data, and up to 1000 VMs in a single system.
- Advanced Reporting Services through a flexible and powerful report designer.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Replication to deliver to the most stringent data continuity service levels.
- FailoverTest – run disaster recovery test as often as possible using ReadyVM and virtual copies.
- FailoverSync– Sync back application data from business continuity DR site once the primary site is ready using only the uniquely changed data.
- Optional 10GbE Connectivity for maximum throughput to capture data from high data volume applications.
- Mobile Applications: IOS and Android apps enable administrators and executives to monitor business SLAs wherever they may be
Download Product Information: